Even though SCAD fall quarter has only started 3 weeks ago, I feel already overwhelmed with the amount of work to complete each week. As I was sharing with you all here, I am taking three wonderful class studios that require hands-on projects.
For the past two weeks I have continuously worked on an extensive sculpture installation project that will see “the light of day” today at SCAD, and which I will share with you soon. In the meantime, in between a documentary or food related shooting, I am collecting ideas for the winter issue of What Liberty Ate Magazine and sharing with you my favorite recipes from the summer issue. If you have projects or ideas to be featured in the magazine, don’t hesitate to contact me privately. Enjoy the first day of October with a good slice of home-made pizza and appreciate the changing of seasons by looking closely at the nature around you and savoring the beautiful fall that has to come!
Pizza with Broccoli and Chicken
Ingredients (serves 2 people):
2 cups (240 g) all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
10 tablespoons lukewarm water
2 teaspoons dried yeast
1 pinch of salt and sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 oz. (100 g) chicken breast
4 tablespoons minced broccoli
4 tablespoons brown mushrooms
4 oz. (100 g) goat cheese
1/2 cup (100 ml) good quality tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons jalapeño chille
salt and pepper
a handful of basil leaves
grated parmeggino, to serve
1. In a big bowl, sift flour, salt and sugar. Dissolve the yeast in lukewarm water and let it stand for 5 minutes. Make a well in the center of the flour and add yeast. Mix together until it starts to form a dough, add olive oil and continue to knead until the dough it’s perfectly combined and elastic. Let it stand in a warm place for 30 minutes, covered with a clean towel. In this first 30 minutes, lightly knead the dough from 10 to 10 minutes, then let it stand covered until doubled in size (around 30 minutes more). Dive the dough into two. Lightly knead the dough on a floured surface and roll it in big circles.
2. Meantime, cook broccoli in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente (6-8 minutes). Reserve broccoli and finely chop them until resemble coarse meal.
3. Preheat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Cut the chicken breast in small cubes and cook for 5-6 minutes. Add the Worcestershire sauce, jalapeños finely chopped and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for another 1-2 minutes and set aside.
5. Preheat the oven to 475°F (250°C). Place pizza dough on baking sheets lined with parchments paper. Spread tomato sauce over dough, then crumble the goat cheese, and top with chicken, broccoli and mushrooms finely chopped. Bake on the highest level grid of the oven for 10-15 minutes or until pizza base is lightly browned and crisp.
6. Serve it with grated parmeggiano and the basil leaves finely chopped. •