Breakfast Croissants and Rustic Salad
Posted on August 15th, 2013
The past months have been such a roller-coaster for me out here. I was feeling a myriad of emotions with the changes that were entering my life, but I’ve tried to keep down some routine tasks that would keep me with the feet on the ground. Mainly it has been my boyfriend, who has supported me along the way in all these years, he showed me an incredible support for which I’ll be grateful all my life; but also the photographic projects I was working on, helped me keep my balance.
This morning, is one of the few last to come on European land, and I want to share with you one of the summer breakfast choice I love so much. I’m an avid lover of good, organic tomatoes, therefore summer is heaven for me. This simple and so tasty and fulfilling combination, can guarantee you a nice breakfast to start your day with!
Breakfast Buckwheat Croissants
60ml lukewarm milk
65ml lukewarm water
300g buckwheat flour
150g butter chilled and cubed
8g dry active yeast
20g caster sugar
pinch of salt
1. Place the lukewarm milk and water in a bowl, add in the yeast, a pinch of sugar and stir to dissolve. Sift the flour and add it in a bowl. Add in the salt, sugar, and butter and using your hands crumble it in small pieces.
2. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ones, stirring gently. Once the mixture is homogenous, knead it shortly and wrap it in a plastic sheet and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. For first run, roll the dough in a rectangle and fold it in thirds. Repeat the rolling and folding process two more times, each time rotating the dough. Wrap the dough in a plastic sheet and refrigerate overnight before using.
4. Roll the dough into a rectangle of your desired size and cut out triangles. Then roll the dough from the wide end into a classic shaped croissant. Place the croissants onto a parchment lined baking tray and allow to proof at room temperature until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 180C. Brush the croissants with egg wash and bake for 20-25 minutes.
summer yellow squash
extra virgin olive oil
sea salt, black pepper
1. Wash and cut lengthwise the vegetables. Place them on the plate. Spread the cheese on top of the tomatoes, olives, radishes and squash. Sprinkle with parsley and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.