I’m very happy that this spring started full of challenges, one of them being already the monthly collaboration with the first online romanian magazine for crafting and handmade accessories : Revista Atelierul. For this month issue, as I have already disclose it a bit here, I prepared a series of Italian recipes, really simple to make in your own kitchen without any fancy equipment. You can browse my original article in Romanian below :[issuu layout=http%3A%2F%2Fskin.issuu.com%2Fv%2Flight%2Flayout.xml showflipbtn=true autoflip=true autofliptime=6000 pagenumber=40 documentid=110418145657-0e6944b7430e4e12a873e689823c0c93 docname=atelierul_no_9 username=Atelierul loadinginfotext=Atelierul%20de%20Paste%20No%209 showhtmllink=true tag=craft width=420 height=298 unit=px]
For all the English speakers, I’ll present below the recipes inspired by our trip in Italy, earlier this spring. The most delicious and light Italian breakfast that you can have, is the spring white asparagus and the poached eggs. This kind of breakfast is extremely tasteful, super easy and quick to make, and with very few calories.
Ingredients ( makes 2 servings) :
150 g white asparagus
2 whole eggs
20 g parmeggiano
few drops of olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon white vinegar
salt and pepper
1. Cut the edges of the asparagus and peel it, if necessary. Cook it for 10 minutes, in boiled salted water. Then, set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan heat some water (half of the saucepan), then add 1 teaspoon of salt and the white vinegar. When the water is boiling, break the egg in one small bowl, then drop it easily in the boiled water. Cook the egg for maximum 3 minutes, then get it out using a large paddle.
3. Serve the asparagus sprinkled with few drops of olive oil and topped with the poached egg. Add seasoning and the parmeggiano cut in tiny slices.[/stextbox]
If you thought that I’d forgot about the famous pizza, here you can read some very simple recipe of pizza with green spinach.
Ingredients (for a medium pizza) :
1 medium pizza dough
2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
50 g fresh spinach leaves
20 g pomodori secchi
20 g grated parmeggiano
50 g mozzarella
100 g pancetta
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spread the dough in a medium pizza/tart pan. Cover it with the tomato sauce. Then, add the spinach leaves in a circular shape. Add pancetta, pomodori secchi and mozzarella cuted in tiny slices. Sprinkle with parmeggiano.
2. Bake it for 20-30 minutes or until the edges of the dough are crispy and golden brown and mozzarella started to melt.[/stextbox]