Life is short and we all want to take to most advantages from it. Like the food. There are some kind of people which can live without eating sweets or chocolate, or people which can resign from eating meat. I respect all these people which really can not be influenced by the wonders of food. But personally, I’m for sure not one of them. I like (too much) sweets and I like to eat good food. Of course, I can deprive of sweets or meat if there is some very important fasting days or before big Religious Holidays, such as Orthodox Easter or Orthodox Christmas. But I can not definitively, resign from eating chocolate cakes or other calorie booms out there. But, there is a thing that I can do, to ensure that my food is enough balanced. So, protein, carbs, vitamins, fats, fibers.
Recently, I’ve discovered via a friend this amazing website (one of the thousands out there), where you can count the calories that you are eating daily and you can keep track and maintain your weigh very easily if you know what you ate and how many calories has each nutriment.
So, starting today, I’ll add a nutrition facts table for each recipe that I’ll prepare and post here. The calories will be counted here just for one person for an average serving size (depending on the food) and if you want to play with the calories and amounts per serving, you can see the recipe as well here and calculate further the calories.
Ingredients (Makes 2 servings) :
– 500 g chicken fillet
– 0.25 teaspoon paprika
– 0.25 teaspoon ground ginger
– 0.25 teaspoon ground cardamom
– 0.25 teaspoon garlic powder
– 2g coriander powder
– 0.25 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 3 teaspoons thyme
– 0.25 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 2 tablespoons Mango Hot Sauce
– 100 g sweet bell peppers pickles
– 2 teaspoons sea salt
– 1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Start by marinating the fillets. Put together in a small bowl the spices : paprika, ginger, cardamom, garlic powder, coriander, cinnamon, nutmeg, thyme, salt. Spread this mix over half of the meat. Put the meat in closed zip bags and let it rest in the fridge for one hour.
2. On the other half of the chicken fillets spread the hot mango sauce and add salt and pepper.Put the meat as well in closed zip bags and let it rest in the fridge for one hour.
3. Preheat the barbecue. Brush it with oil to prevent the meat from sticking. Grill the meat on both sides. Serve it with red pepper pickles.[/stextbox]